Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Springfield Bar Closing After Smoking Ban 'Cut 80 Percent of Sales'

Springfield Bar Closing After Smoking Ban 'Cut 80 Percent of Sales' - OzarksFirst.com:



Ray Hassen has owned Ray's Lounge for the last 15 years, but this year will be his last.

The bar at 1221 E Saint Louis Street will be closing after the end of the year.
"December 31 is my last night. I'm not going to renew my 2012 license," says Hassen. "We're going to have a big party and hopefully I can get rid of all my beer and liquor and close the door."
He says right after the citywide smoking ban went into effect, his business was cut by 80 percent.

"I felt it immediately, even though I have a patio for the smokers."



Sad.
I am amazed that people still try to deny the economic impacts of smoking bans.

No comments:

Post a Comment